How do I choose a lawyer if I was bit by a dog?
Serving All Missouri Personal Injury VictimsView Full Service Area
If you've been bit by a dog in Missouri, you may be able to sue the owner of the dog that bit you and collect damages. But before you go to court, you will need to choose the right lawyer, one that will both give you the attention you need and get you the result you deserve.
Choosing the right lawyer can make or break your dog bite lawsuit. It's an important decision that should not be taken lightly. Before you go choose a lawyer for your dog bite injury lawsuit, you should ask questions like these:
- Should I hire a lawyer in the first place? Is my case better handled through an insurance company or by myself?
- You say that you have a "no win, no fee" or contingency policy. Even so, if I lose my case, will I need to pay some of your expenses?
- Who is going to take my case? Will you be doing it personally, or do you have other attorneys on your staff that will handle my case?
- How big is your firm?
- Do you have experience taking dog bite cases?
- Where are you located? If I live far from your office, will you come to me, do I need to drive to your office, or can we meet at a mutually agreeable location?
- How long have you been trying dog bite cases?
- Can I see records, results, and other information of previous cases your firm has litigated?
- What is your reputation within the legal community? What do they say about you, your record of fighting for your clients, and your skills in the courtroom?
- Can I see what other clients have said about you? Have they left reviews or testimonials?
- What kind of style do you have as a lawyer?
- How will you communicate with me? Will you use email, phone calls, mail, texts, or a combination of several methods? How often will you be available to communicate?
- If I end up having to terminate our relationship before the case is resolved, will I have to owe you anything and if so, how much would I need to pay you?
- How strong of a case is my dog bite lawsuit?
- In addition to my fees, would there be extra expenses I would need to pay you related to my dog bite case?
- Can you assist me with finding proper medical care to deal with my dog bite injuries?
- What are all the potential outcomes of my dog bite lawsuit?
- Is my dog bite lawsuit a winnable one?
Hiring The Right Dog Bite Injury Attorney
We at the Missouri Injury Law Firm know that searching for and finding the right lawyer for your Missouri personal injury or dog bite case is a major decision. We know that you want to work with a lawyer you can trust, will be honest with you throughout the entire legal process, and will fight for you every step of the way. Your dog bite case is unique and you should expect your attorney to treat you like you are their first priority.
Like with any big decision, you should do your homework before you hire an attorney for your dog bite lawsuit. Research lawyers online and look for reviews from previous clients. If you know someone who has been bit by a dog, ask them about if they hired a lawyer to recover damages and if they'd recommend them. Many firms offer free consultations, and those are great ways to assess how they would work with your case. You'll want to decide for yourself what kind of firm you'd want to hire for your dog bite lawsuit.
Talk To A Dog Bite Injury Attorney in Missouri Who Gets Results
If you have been bit by a dog and are considering suing for damages, the Missouri Injury Law Firm is ready to talk to you about your unique case. Call (636) 333-1717 or fill out our online contact form to set up your free, no-obligation case review.